Why hello there, September – we’ve missed you! Even though the summer is quickly coming to a close and gone are lazy summer nights and beach days, the fall is an equally great time of the year. After all, fall signals the beginning of an exciting season – Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner! With the arrival of fall and the changing of the leaves also comes some gorgeous décor for homes.
With the arrival of fall also comes the arrival of rich, fall shades. When considering the Fall décor for your home, think in those shades.
- Add some fresh flowers to the mix – Sunflowers and alstromeria are great choices. These flowers will not only bloom for a long time, but also come in shades that make anyone think of the fall.
- Any space can be dressed up with a wreath – they are not just for the holiday season! You can use moss to create a rustic looking fall wreath, or purchase a great one at any local crafts store.
- There are some trendy fabrics out there that have become synonymous with fall – consider sprucing up your furniture with some throws in fabrics such as tone-on-tone houndstooth.
- You can easily freshen up your front door, and welcome to fall, with some plants and perennials. These are a great way to bring a colorful pick-me-up to your home.
- Accessorize your home with all of fall’s hues. Deep golds and reds are a great way to warm up any space and bring a bit of the colorfulness of fall indoors.
- Consider decorating with fall foliage – and give it a new twist! You can purchase fake leaves and the small corns and really make your home festive for the season – and the best part? You can keep this décor up through Thanksgiving, too!
We know it is hard to say goodbye to summer, but we hope with all of these fall-inspired ideas you can smile a little more about what is ahead!